The Old Trout / Psykik Dance Hall (1991.11.13)
- The Old Trout / Psykik Dance Hall, Windsor, England
- The November Package Tour
ATTENDANCE / CAPACITY
- The Cranberries supporting the band Top on “The November Package Tour”
- Setlist and duration information is unknown.
- There is no photo from the show nor the venue known to this day.
- The show is marked on the official poster and adverts as “Psykik Dance Hall” which was in fact the name of the club night. The actual venue was The Old Trout pub. Most people always referred to it all as “The Trout” anyhow!
- Jim Robertson (Facebook group: The Old Trout, Windsor – we still miss you), “All of the Psykik Dancehall shows were mine, but I cannot recollect ever having The Cranberries, though their agent at the time, Paul Adam, was a friend of mine…”
“The venue was The Old Trout. My nights came under the banner Psykik Dance Hall named after a song by The Fall who I previously had a connection with.”
- Nick Siddall (Facebook group: The Old Trout, Windsor – we still miss you), “The psychic dancehall had finished already! I put them (note: The Cranberries) on supporting Top as their first gig (note: one of their first gigs) outside Ireland! Beresford the bouncer that hated everything and everyone thought they were the best band ever! We put them on as a headline after, but they were definitely best supporting Top!”
“No one knew who they (note: The Cranberries) were.”
“£350 for Top and £50 for Cranberries”
- Phil Hanks (Facebook group: The Old Trout, Windsor – we still miss you), “I remember the Top show. I promoted there after Jim Robertson and after Nick Siddall. I think it was supporting their (note: Top) ‘No.1 Dominator’ single, still got the 10″ promo somewhere! By that point, The Cranberries were garnering far more interest than the headline band, which they weren’t happy about as I recall. I would say there was 100-150 people attending the show.”
- Jonathan Reynolds (Facebook group: The Old Trout, Windsor – we still miss you), “I was there, with David Akerman and Brian Canine that night. Nick Potter was having multiple orgasms over them (note: The Cranberries). They had the biggest amount of backline , all in shiny new flightcases, I had ever seen. It wasnt busy that night at all.”
- Poster photo #2: Nick Siddall with Cranberries poster behind (exact same as photo #1), taken at the venue.
- Poster 1 · Alan Martin
- Poster 2 · Nick Siddall (facebook.com/groups/theoldtrout · The Old Trout, Windsor – we still miss you)
- Advert 1 · NME (1991.11.02)
- Advert 2, 3 · NME (1991.11.09)
- Advert 4 · Melody Maker (1991.11.09)
- Advert 5 · Melody Maker (1991.11.16)
- Contract · Nick Siddall (facebook.com/groups/theoldtrout · The Old Trout, Windsor – we still miss you)
- …and thanks to the uncredited authors. We don’t know who you are! Contact us if you’d like a credit and tell us which one is your photo/item/stuff.