France Inter (Radio)
LOCATION OF THE SHOW
Studio 105, Maison De La Radio, Paris, France
DATE OF RECORDING
DATE OF BROADCAST
03. The Icicle Melts
05. Not Sorry
06. Waltzing Back
08. New Song (latter called I Can’t Be With You)
12. Still Can’t…
47 minutes (songs: 43 min. interview: 4 min.)
ATTENDANCE / CAPACITY
? / 240
- Show hosted by Bernard Lenoir.
- Black Session #27.
- The very first appearance of The Cranberries in Paris.
- The earliest version of “Zombie” professionally recorded known to this day (an earlier version recorded a couple of weeks earlier at 2 Mile Inn in Limerick is known to exist but it is an audience recording).
- The show includes other early versions of the songs “The Icicle Melts” and “I Can’t Be With You”.
- “I Can’t Be With You” was still untitled at that time and was simply identified as “New Song”.
- There’s also a live acoustic version of rare track “False”.
- The Black Sessions were part of a radio show called “C’est Lenoir” and performances were recorded in front of an audience and broadcast live. The reverse was the White Sessions still part of the show “C’est Lenoir” but performances were pre-recorded and there was no audience.
- The 2 above photos inside the studio 105 were not taken during The Cranberries show!
- The Black Sessions
- The Cranberries Shows (photos from the show 1, 2, 3)