- KROQ (Radio)
LOCATION OF THE SHOW
- Universal Amphitheatre, Universal City (Los Angeles), CA, USA
DATE OF RECORDING
DATE OF BROADCAST
1. Ode to My Family
- 22 minutes
ATTENDANCE / CAPACITY
- 6,200 / 6,200
- Sold out
- Ticket / Pass
- Blind Melon
- Porno for Pyros
- Rage Against The Machine
- Henry Rollins
- The Smashing Pumpkins
- The Violent Femmes
- 4th Annual KROQ Almost Acoustic Christmas (night 2) run by the Los Angeles radio station KROQ-FM to aid the plight of the homeless in LA.
- Officially titled “KROQ Almost Acoustic Christmas” it is commonly known as “KROQ Acoustic Xmas” or simply “KROQ Christmas”.
- It started off as a one-day event, and every year since 1992 has been held as a two-day event.
- The Cranberries and Belly were the only 2 bands appearing on both nights that year which created a lot of confusion.
- The Cranberries performed the exact same setlist, same order, on both nights which created some more confusion.
- The Cranberries were also part of the 1994 edition which created even more confusion!
- There is no photo from the show known to this day.
- The Universal amphitheatre was later known as Gibson Amphitheatre and closed on 6 September 2013 to be demolished for “The Wizarding World of Harry Potter” attraction.
- All venue’s photos were taken a few years later.
- Venue 1, 2 – originally posted on jerrygarciasbrokendownpalaces.blogspot.com
- Venue 3 – wikipedia.com
- Ticket – originally posted on The Cranberries Shows
- Pass (all access) – originally posted on The Cranberries Shows
- Advert – Unknown Newspaper
- Wikipedia – KROQ Almost Acoustic Christmas