- Rai Uno (TV)
LOCATION OF THE SHOW
- Parco Novi Sad, Modena, Italy
DATE OF RECORDING
DATE OF BROADCAST
2. Ave Maria
3. Nessun Dorma
- 16 minutes
- Screen Shots
- Advert for VHS
“Linger” + “Ave Maria”
Nessun Dorma (all artists)
- Pavarotti And Friends Together For The Children Of Bosnia
- Dolores performed “Linger” with Simon Le Bon from Duran Duran.
- Dolores performed “Ave Maria” with Luciano Pavarotti.
- Dolores performed “Nessun Dorma” with all artists together at the end of the show.
- Show hosted by Milly Carlucci.
- The Cranberries did not perform, only Dolores.
- Dolores was planning to sing a Duran Duran’s song called “Save A Prayer” but it was scrapped for some reason.
- in 1995 it was the 3rd edition of the “Pavarotti And Friends” event. It raised funds for the British War Child association, in particular to set up the Pavarotti Music Center in Mostar for children victims of the war in Bosnia. The concert featured guest performances by Bono, Meat Loaf, Simon Le Bon, Michael Bolton, The Edge, Brian Eno and Dolores O’Riordan all accompanied by Filarmonica di Torino with conductors Michael Kamen and Marco Armiliato.
- The show held inside Parco Novi Sad in front of Foro Boario in Modena
- The concert was live and later broadcast on many TV channels around the world.
- “Pavarotti And Friends” was a series of 10 benefit concerts/events organized in Modena (Italy) from 1992 to 2003 by tenor Luciano Pavarotti and his second wife Nicoletta Mantovani. Proceeds went to humanitarian causes. The concerts featured Pavarotti performing with special musical guests coming from the pop, rock, rap, jazz music world. There was no “Pavarotti And Friends” in 1993 and 1997. The origin of these shows came from Italian singer Zucchero who convinced Pavarotti to record a song (“Miserere”) with him in 1992. Before that, the tenor had never duet with a modern artist. Result was so innovative and successful that more collaborations with modern artists began in September that same year under the name “Pavarotti And Friends”. A compilation album and DVD were released for each edition under London Records and Decca Records. They usually include the whole show without the presentation (sometimes interviews) of the Italian TV host.
- The photo of Dolores & Luciano Pavarotti used for the advert of the PolyGram VHS was taken during the rehearsals.
- Dolores later recorded a studio version of “Ave Maria” for “The Passion Of The Christ” film soundtrack (2004).
- Pavarotti And Friends – Wikipedia (Italian)
- Ilpo Musto – show 1 to 8
- Noise music blog – Instagram (@ooh_to_be-ah) – ticket