- Videomusic (TV)
LOCATION OF THE SHOW
- Roxy Bar TV Studio, Bologna, Italy
DATE OF RECORDING
DATE OF BROADCAST
2. Ode To My Family
- 12 minutes
- +/- 150
- Screen Shots
Red Ronnie pays tribute to Dolores O’Riordan (16 January 2018)
- Acoustic set.
- Only “Zombie” was shown on TV, “Ode to My Family” and “Empty” were not originally planned to appear on the show.
- It seems this show (or part of the show) with The Cranberries was later rebroadcast on the programme “Help” on TMC 2, hence the fact there is a video with all 3 logos on the screen (Videomusic, TMC 2, Help).
- “Roxy Bar” was a 2-hour music programme broadcast on Videomusic from 1992 to 1996 then on TMC 2 from 1996 to 2001. It was hosted by Red Ronnie. The show wanted to be a meeting point for young people with their musical idols dialoguing face to face. It was not just talking about music but also food education, society, current events as well as interacting with people on the internet.
- The name “Roxy Bar” comes from the song “Vita Spericolata” in which the artist Vasco Rossi gives that name to a hypothetical bar. Like in the song, the “Roxy Bar” of the TV show doesn’t exist. The programme was simply recorded in a TV studio renamed “Roxy Bar”. [Exact location unknown, information needed]. Funny, a real bar (now closed) in Bologna exploited the name but had nothing to do with the TV show.
- On 16 January 2018, just one day after the passing of Dolores, Red Ronnie published on YouTube a 10-minute tribute video which includes more or less 1 minute of this performance upscaled in HD 1080p.