- RTÉ 2fm (Radio)
LOCATION OF THE SHOW
- Studio 8, RTÉ, Dublin, Ireland
DATE OF RECORDING
DATE OF BROADCAST
4. Put Me Down
- 12 minutes
ATTENDANCE / CAPACITY
- 0 / 0
- All 4 tracks now officially available on the 4th disc of the “EEIDI 25th Anniversary Edition” 4 CD boxset released on 19 October 2018.
- Show hosted by Dave Fanning.
- No audience.
- Exclusive studio versions recorded at the Studio 8 at RTÉ in Dublin.
- Also known as “The Fanning Sessions” or “The Studio 8 Sessions”.
- Produced by Jim Lockhart and engineered by Phil Cook.
- In 2010 and 2011 there were rebroadcasts on the “Alternative To Sleep” show hosted by Dan Hegarty. The 2010 rebroadcast did not include “Put Me Down”.
- The Cranberries recorded a second Dave Fanning Session in 1993. It is unclear if another Dave Fanning Session took place, since information about The Cranberries’ Fanning Sessions remains scarce and sometimes contradictory in the fan community. In 2002, Zombieguide webmaster, Alex Kraus, received CD-R from The Cranberries’ drummer Fergal Lawler, which contained some tracks identified as being from a 1990 Dave Fanning Session. Since some of the information from those CD-R are now known to be inaccurate (e.g. the four 1991 Fanning Session tracks are identified as “Xeric Demos”). Impossible to confirm the existence of a 1990 or a 1992 Dave Fanning Session. Information on those CD-R tracks was possibly mixed up sometime between the original tape recording in the early 1990s and the CD transfer, a decade later.
- Years later on January 2, 2017 Dave Fanning released a special radio documentary looking back at the sessions recorded in RTÉ Studio 8 over the years, featuring contributions from Noel Hogan and other artists. Listen to Noel’s interview/comments by clicking this link (The Cranberries part starting at 37:34)
- The Fanning Sessions Archive
- RTÉ 2FM, Dan Hegarty’s Blog, 19 May 2010 playlist
- RTÉ 2FM, Dan Hegarty’s Blog, 18 October 2011 playlist