- BBC1 (TV)
LOCATION OF THE SHOW
- BBC Television Centre, London, England
DATE OF RECORDING
DATE OF BROADCAST
- 3 minutes
- +/- 100
- Screen Shots
- BBC Transcription CD
“Linger” (original broadcast)
“Linger” (TOTP2 rebroadcast upscaled to 4K)
- Less than 3 minutes, both cuts in and cuts out, the song was never broadcast full length on TV.
- Later rebroadcast (still incomplete) on “Top Of The Pops 2” with extra information appearing on the screen like, “formed in Limerick in 1989” etc…
- The BBC released a very rare “BBC Transcription” CD of the performance, for internal use only and oversea broadcasters authorized to broadcast the programme. BBC Transcription Services typically pressed only 100 copies of each of their CDs with instructions to the oversea radio networks to destroy the disc at the end of the licence period. This cd is the only official way to get the full version (4’31”) of the song, audio only… obviously!
- TOTP was a 25-60 min music chart television programme made by the BBC and broadcast weekly from 1964 to 2006. It was based on the week’s chart released on Tuesday morning. The show saw many changes through the decades, in style, design, fashion and became a significant part of British pop culture.
- Recorded at BBC Television Centre located at Wood Lane in London.