Artist: The Cranberries
Bi, atosa, im chroise i gcuimhne gach uair
Bi, atosa, im chroise le haithri go luath
Bi, atosa, im chroise le cumann go buan
O, atosa ‘Dhe dhilis, na scar Thusa uaim
Gan atosa mo smaointe ni thaithnionn liom fein
Gan atosa mo scribhinn na foghar mo bheil
Gan atosa mo ghniomhartha nil maith in san tsaol
O, atosa ‘Dhe dhilis, bi romham is am dheidh
Se atosa mo rise mo chara ‘s mo ghra
Se atosa mo dhidean ar pheaca ‘s ar bhas
Se atosa mo aoibhneas mo scathan do ghnath
A’s, atosa ‘Dhe dhilis, na scar uaim go brath
Bi, atosa, go siorai im chroi is im bheal
Bi, atosa, go siorai im thuigse mar an gceann’
Bi, atosa, go siorai im mheabhair mar leann
O, atosa ‘Dhe dhilis, na fag me liom fein
- English translation:
Be, O Jesus, remembered in my heart every hour
Be, O Jesus, in my heart (?) soon
Be, O Jesus, in my heart with (?) forever
O, Jesus of God faithful, don’t separate yourself from me
Without Jesus in my thoughts I’m not happy in myself
Without Jesus in my writing don’t (?) my mouth
Without Jesus in my actions there’s no good in life
O, Jesus of God faithful, be before and after me
Jesus is my king my friend my love
Jesus is my shelter from sin and death
Jesus is my happiness my mirror (?)
Ah and, O Jesus of God faithful, don’t ever be apart from me
Be, O Jesus, eternally in my heart and in (?) mouth
Be, O Jesus, eternally in my understanding all the time
Be, O Jesus, eternally in my mind as instruction
O, Jesus of God faithful, don’t leave me by myself
- In an interview published in the NME on November 16, 1991, Dolores explained that the song is “dedicated to her dead grandad”.
- Song also known as “iosa”.
- The Cranberries one and only track written in Irish.
- 3 versions of this song are known to exist. It was recorded 2 times in Limerick at The Parkway in 1991 and one time at The Underworld in London still in 1991.
- Lyrics and English translation are just tentative available on the internet (this is not transcribed by our team) and are probably very wrong. Someone out there speaking Irish? We desperately need your help!