Lark In The Park (1991.07.14)
- An Emotional Fish (headliners)
- The Blue Angels
- The Mirrors
- Those Stilted boys
- Cry Before Dawn
- “Lark In The Park” was a series of outdoor concerts held in public parks during the 1980s and 1990s in Ireland and was an annual festival in Limerick
- The festival took place at “People’s Park” between 2:00 pm and 7:00 pm approximately.
- All concerts were free.
- The Cranberries played just before the headliner. Setlist and duration are still unknown to this day.
- A historic gig, as this is the show where The Cranberries announced they had signed to Island Records. It was also the 1 year anniversary concert for Dolores who played her very first show with the band on 14 July 1990 under the name The Cranberry Saw Us (in Limerick at Cruises Hotel Ruby’s Club).
- An audience video was recorded that day by Patrick Ambrose and posted on his YouTube account in March 2015 where you can see the park, the audience, the stage and a few bands perform… unfortunately nothing concerning The Cranberries.
- The last photo of the venue (the empty park) was taken in 2018.
- If you have any information to add please contact us.
- If you have photos, memorabilia images, anything of this show and would like to have them displayed here (with or without credit) please contact us.
- Venue 1 to 5 · Patrick Ambrose (YouTube @Patrick Ambrose)
- Preshow 1 · City Limits (1991 newspaper)
- Show 3 · Brendan O’Halloran
- Show 4, 6, 7, 8 · Garrett Hurley
- Show 5, 9 · Limerick Leader
- Poster · Eoin Devereux (Twitter @ProfDevereux)
- Related Article · “All in readiness for the Lark!” · Limerick Leader (1991.07.13)
- Related Article · “Cranberries reach the verge of fame” · Limerick Leader (1991.07.13)
- Special thanks to Alan Martin for all the clippings!
- …and thanks to the uncredited authors, we don’t know who you are! Contact us if you’d like a credit and tell us which one is your photo/item/stuff.