- France Inter (Radio)
LOCATION OF THE SHOW
- Studio 105, Maison De La Radio, Paris, France
- Google Street View
DATE OF RECORDING
DATE OF BROADCAST
- The Icicle Melts
- Not Sorry
- Waltzing Back
- New Song (I Can’t Be With You)
- Still Can’t…
- Performance: 43 min.
- Interview: 4 min.
ATTENDANCE / CAPACITY
- ? / 240
- Audio: The Icicle Melts
- Video: 0
- Show hosted by Bernard Lenoir.
- Black Session #27.
- The earliest professionally recorded version of “Zombie” known to this day (there is an earlier version recorded a couple of weeks before at Two Mile Inn in Limerick, but is an audience recording).
- The show includes other early versions of the songs “The Icicle Melts” and “I Can’t Be With You”.
- “I Can’t Be With You” was still untitled at that time and was simply identified as “New Song”.
- There’s also a live acoustic version of rare track “False”
- “The Black Sessions” was the name of the concert part of the radio show “C’est Lenoir” where bands performed live on-air in front of an audience. Sometimes the show aired pre-recorded performances with no audience, in that case it was called “The White Sessions”
- “C’est Lenoir” was broadcast on France Inter from 1990 to 2011, from 9pm to 10pm originally then from 10pm to 11pm after 2007.
- There was not a concert on every “C’est Lenoir” show. The very first “The Black Sessions” performance was in February 1992 and the very last in June 2011.
- Above photos of the venue (both outside and inside) were not taken during The Cranberries show.