- France Inter (Radio)
LOCATION OF THE SHOW
- Studio 105, Maison De La Radio, Paris, France
DATE OF RECORDING
DATE OF BROADCAST
03. The Icicle Melts
05. Not Sorry
06. Waltzing Back
08. New Song (I Can’t Be With You)
12. Still Can’t…
- Performance: 43 min.
- Interview: 4 min.
ATTENDANCE / CAPACITY
- ? / 240
The Icicle Melts
- Show hosted by Bernard Lenoir.
- Black Session #27.
- The very first appearance of The Cranberries in Paris.
- The earliest professionally recorded version of “Zombie” known to this day (there is an earlier version recorded a couple of weeks before at Two Mile Inn in Limerick, but is an audience recording).
- The show includes other early versions of the songs “The Icicle Melts” and “I Can’t Be With You”.
- “I Can’t Be With You” was still untitled at that time and was simply identified as “New Song”.
- There’s also a live acoustic version of rare track “False”.
- “The Black Sessions” was the name of the concert part of the radio show “C’est Lenoir” where bands performed live on-air in front of an audience. Sometimes the show aired pre-recorded performances with no audience, in that case it was called “The White Sessions”.
- “C’est Lenoir” was broadcast on France Inter from 1990 to 2011, from 9pm to 10pm originally then from 10pm to 11pm after 2007.
- There was not a concert on every “C’est Lenoir” show. The very first “The Black Sessions” performance was in February 1992 and the very last in June 2011.
- Above photos of the venue (both outside and inside) were not taken during The Cranberries show.