- MTV USA (TV)
LOCATION OF THE SHOW
- Howard Gilman Opera House, The Brooklyn Academy Of Music, New York City, NY, USA
DATE OF RECORDING
DATE OF BROADCAST
1. Dreaming My Dreams
2. Ode to My Family
4. Free to Decide
5. I’m Still Remembering
8. Yesterday’s Gone
9. No Need to Argue
- 42 minutes
- +/- 250
- Screen Shots
- The Cranberries were accompanied by Electra Strings. The string quartet already played with The Cranberries on “…Later With Jools Holland” in 1994.
- The band played 9 songs, 3 of which were unreleased material at that time: “Free to Decide”, “I’m Still Remembering”, “Yesterday’s Gone”.
- This is the only known performance of “Yesterday’s Gone”. The song still remains unreleased in a studio format.
- The audio of “Linger” was released on the “The Very Best Of MTV Unplugged” CD.
- The audio of “Zombie” was released on the “When You’re Gone/Free To Decide” U.S. Maxi-single.
- “MTV Unplugged” is an American television series showcasing musical artists usually playing acoustic instruments. The show aired regularly from 1989 to 1999 then less frequently from 2000 to 2009 (usually billed as MTV Unplugged No. 2.0). Since 2009 “MTV Unplugged Specials” have aired occasionally, sometimes online-only. Even if there is a few exceptions, the shows were most of the time recorded in New York City. The venue could change: National Video Center, Chelsea Studios, Ed Sullivan Theater, Kaufman Astoria Studios, Sony Music Studios, The Brooklyn Academy Of Music. The Cranberries performance was recorded at The Brooklyn Academy Of Music located at 30 Lafayette Avenue in New York City.
- The Cranberries played in the main performance venue, Howard Gilman Opera House, a breathtaking Beaux Arts space with a 2,100 seat capacity. Obviously the Unplugged series was a special event with a different and intimate configuration reserved to an audience of happy few.
- In April 1995, the programme “MTV News” on MTV USA broadcast a 4-minute behind the scenes video. It included interviews and rehearsals/soundcheck footage of 5 different bands who just recorded their Unplugged and there was 30 seconds about The Cranberries.