- Network 2 (TV)
- Channel 4 (TV)
LOCATION OF THE SHOW
- The Clarence Hotel, Dublin, Ireland
- 1993.02.18 (Network 2)
- 1993.06.25 (Channel 4)
- 1992.12.?? (or 1993.01.??)
- False (never broadcast)
- 2 minutes
- +/- 30
- Screen Shots
- Related Article
- TV Listings
- Audio: 0
- Video: Wanted
- “Electric Ballroom” was a 5-week music series of 5 episodes filmed in 3 weeks just after Christmas 1992. The first episode was first shown in Ireland on 11 February 1993 on Network 2 (the TV channel changed its name to RTÉ Two on 2 October 2004) and in the UK on 18 June 1993 on Channel 4. The Cranberries appeared on the episode #2, first shown on 18 February 1993 on Network 2 and on 25 June 1993 on Channel 4.
- The show was shot on location both in London and Dublin (at U2-owned Clarence Hotel). The Cranberries recorded their performance at The Clarence Hotel.
- The exact recording date of The Cranberries is unknown.
- It seems the song “False” was also recorded but never broadcast.
- Other performers on the show were L7, The Pale, Red House Painters, The Sultans of Ping FC.
- Venue’s photos were taken in the 2010s.
- Venue 2 · Google Street View
- Related Article · “Plugging the gap” · Hot Press (1993.02.10)
- TV listings · The List (1993.06.18)