- Italia 1 (TV)
LOCATION OF THE SHOW
- Piazza Degli Scacchi, Marostica, Italy
- Google Street View
- I Can’t Be With You
- 8 minutes
- Screen Shots
- Audio: 0
- Video: Zombie (replay available on mediasetplay.mediaset.it exclusively)
- Video: I Can’t Be With You
- This was the 32nd Festivalbar.
- There were 8 Festivalbar shows in the Summer of 1995. They took place in 4 different locations: Piazza degli Scacchi in Marostica, Parco Ducale in Colorno, Alpe Adria Arena in Lignano Sabbiadoro, Piazza del Popolo in Ascoli Piceno.
- More than 60 artists performed during those 8 shows.
- The Cranberries appeared in one show only and played 2 songs.
- Both songs were performed playback with live vocals. No lip sync, Dolores sang live to recorded backing tracks (the instrumental versions of the songs).
- The band was introduced on stage by Amadeus and Federica Panicucci.
- In the 1990s some shows were live broadcast and some others later broadcast. [Information needed for The Cranberries show]
- “Festivalbar” was conceived in 1964. It was a competition among the songs of the Summer based on the public preferences. Ratings were done on jukeboxes in bars throughout Italy. A simple counter was applied to each device that detected how many times a song was played. In 1967, the competition became a real event/programme and was broadcast for the first time on TV on Rai Rete 2. In 1983 the rules changed as jukeboxes became rarer and ratings were henceforth based on the number of TV and radio plays as well as albums and singles sales figure. The format of the event changed as well and Festivalbar became a traveling show, going every week to a different location, to a different “piazza d’Italia”.
- Festivalbar was broadcast from 1967 to 1982 on Rai Rete 2, then on Canale 5 from 1983 to 1988 and finally on Italia 1 from 1989 to 2007.
- Wikipedia (it) · Festivalbar
- Wikipedia (it) · Marostica
- Cranberries Italian TV appearances
- …and thanks to the uncredited authors. We don’t know who you are! Contact us if you’d like a credit and tell us which one is your photo/item/stuff.