- KROQ (Radio)
LOCATION OF THE SHOW
- Universal Amphitheatre, Universal City (Los Angeles), CA, USA
- Ode to My Family
- 23 minutes
ATTENDANCE / CAPACITY
- 6,200 / 6,200
- Sold out
- Bad Religion
- Tony Bennett
- Cowboy Junkies
- 4 Non Blondes
- General Public
- Nick Heyward
- Billy Idol
- The Lemonheads
- They Might Be Giants
- The Wonder Stuff
- 4th Annual KROQ Almost Acoustic Christmas (night 1) run by the Los Angeles radio station KROQ-FM to aid the plight of the homeless in LA.
- Officially titled “KROQ Almost Acoustic Christmas” it is commonly known as “KROQ Acoustic Xmas” or simply “KROQ Christmas”. It started off as a one-day event, and every year since 1992 has been held as a two-day event.
- The Cranberries and Belly were the only 2 bands appearing on both nights that year which created a lot of confusion.
- The Cranberries performed the exact same setlist, same order, on both nights which created some more confusion.
- The Cranberries were also part of the 1994 edition on this exact same day (11 December) which created even more confusion!
- The Universal amphitheatre was later known as Gibson Amphitheatre and closed on 6 September 2013 to be demolished for “The Wizarding World of Harry Potter” attraction.
- All venue’s photos were taken a few years later.
- Venue 1, 2 · originally posted on jerrygarciasbrokendownpalaces.blogspot.com
- Venue 3 · wikipedia.com
- Show 1 · originally posted on kroq.cbslocal.com/category/almost-acoustic-christmas/
- Backstage 1 · originally posted on kroq.cbslocal.com/category/almost-acoustic-christmas/
- Backstage 2 · Instagram @joanna.cran.pic
- Ticket · originally posted on The Cranberries Shows
- Advert · unknown newspaper
- Wikipedia · KROQ Almost Acoustic Christmas