- BBC Scotland (TV)
LOCATION OF THE SHOW
- Cottiers Theatre, Glasgow, Scotland
- Google Street View
- 1993.05.17 (original broadcast on BBC Scotland)
- 1993.08.19 (UK national repeat on BBC2)
- +/- 8 minutes
- +/- 100
- Screen Shots
- TV Listings
- Audio: 0
- Video: Dreams, Linger
- “No Stilettos” was a short-lived BBC music series made by BBC Scotland in Glasgow and hosted by Scottish pop and folk musician Eddi Reader.
- The show featured a mix of musical guests with an emphasis on the alternative/independent music scene of the time.
- Filmed over five nights during the first week of April 1993. Exact day of the Cranberries performance is unknown.
- This performance is sometimes inaccurately credited to have taken place in Sweden. It was in fact recorded at Cottiers Theatre, a converted church in Glasgow’s west-end located 93-95 Hyndland Street.
- Originally broadcast on BBC Scotland on 17 May 1993, the show was given a UK national repeat on BBC2 on 19 August 1993. Interesting to note that when it was first shown on BBC Scotland, The Cranberries were on the first episode (according to the Glasgow and Edinburgh Events Guide “The List”) but when it was repeated on BBC2 UK wide, they were on the fourth episode (as the show started on 22 July 1993 on this channel).
- The above photos of the venue are from the 2010s.
- Venue 1, 2 · Google Street View
- TV Listings · The List (1993.05.07)
- TV Listings · TV Times (1993.08.14)
- Wikipedia · No Stilettos