- BBC1 (TV)
LOCATION OF THE SHOW
- BBC Television Centre, London, England
- Google Street View
- 3 minutes
- +/- 100
- Screen Shots
- BBC Transcription CD
- Audio: Linger released on “Top Of The Pops 1528 – BBC Transcription” CD
- Video: Linger (original broadcast)
- Video: Linger (BBC4 · rebroadcast in 2023)
- Less than 3 minutes, both cuts in and cuts out, the song was never broadcast full length on TV.
- Later rebroadcast (still incomplete) on “Top Of The Pops 2” with extra information appearing on the screen like, “formed in Limerick in 1989” etc…
- In 2023 the BBC4 repeated whole 1994 original TOTP programmes. The only difference was a BBC4 logo added.
- The BBC released a very rare “BBC Transcription” CD of the performance, for internal use only and oversea broadcasters authorized to broadcast the programme. BBC Transcription Services typically pressed only 100 copies of each of their CDs with instructions to the oversea radio networks to destroy the disc at the end of the licence period. This cd is the only official way to get the full version (4:31) of the song, audio only… obviously!
- TOTP was a 25-60 min music chart television programme made by the BBC and broadcast weekly from 1964 to 2006. It was based on the week’s chart released on Tuesday morning. The show saw many changes through the decades, in style, design, fashion and became a significant part of British pop culture.
- Recorded at BBC Television Centre located at Wood Lane in London.