- The Parkway, Limerick, Ireland
- Google Street View
2. Nothing Left At All
4. A Íosa
6. Put Me Down
7. Pathetic Senses
11. I Still Do
13. Same Old Story
15. A Fast One
16. A Íosa
(Outro: Speaker’s announcement)
- 57 minutes
- +/- 900
- Related Article
- Audio: 1
- Video: 0
- THE CRANBERRYS / THE CRANBERRIES (both names still appeared) and 2 discos at The parkway that night!
- The first paid gig the band did for ULSU Ents (University of Limerick Students Union Entertainments). Before that, The Cranberries did two free entry gigs for ULSU Ents, in The Stables Club.
- The Parkway was once a hotel. Back in 1991 it was a disco and, after The Cranberries gig, there was a disco night.
- The show was planned at 11pm, and in fact started after midnight.
- “Íosa” (also known as “Atosa” or more likely “A Íosa” as per the band setlist back in the 1990s) was played twice on this show as, during the 2nd encore, crowd asked for more shouting, “arís, arís, arís” (again in Irish). Dolores thus re-entered stage saying, “Since ye said arís we are going to play the Irish one again”.
- According to the article “Cranberries ready to go” (see Related Article) published in a newspaper in October 1991 (exact newspaper unknown) the Irish song “Íosa” (Atosa / A Íosa) was written for Dolores’ grandfather.
- Photo of the setlist is Mike’s, notice the 2 encores not written on it, meaning they probably were real encores.
- “Liar” was not written on the setlist, only marked as 12, probably for song number 12 on the list.
- The above photo of the venue was taken in 2018. Stage was on the first floor near the 2 windows on the very left (special thanks to Alan!)
- If you have any information to add please contact us.
- If you have photos, memorabilia images, anything of this show and would like to have them displayed here (with or without credit) please contact us.
- Setlist · Alan Martin
- Show 1 · Select (1991.12)
- Poster · Alan Martin
- Advert 3 · SU Handbook ’91
- Related Article · Limerick Tribune (1991.09) · “City Limits favourites…”
- Related Article · Limerick Leader (1991.10.16) · “Cranberries ready to go”
- Special thanks to Ber Angley
- …and thanks to the uncredited authors, we don’t know who you are! Contact us if you’d like a credit and tell us which one is your photo/item/stuff.