Release: March 2, 1993
Format: 12″ Vinyl, CD, Cassette
1. I Still Do (3:17)
2. Dreams (4:32)
3. Sunday (3:30)
4. Pretty (2:16)
5. Waltzing Back (3:37)
6. Not Sorry (4:20)
7. Linger (4:34)
8. Wanted (2:07)
9. Still Can’t… (3:39)
10. I Will Always (2:42)
11. How (2:51)
12. Put Me Down (3:33)
Japanese re-release CD bonus tracks (1994)
13. Linger (Acoustic Version)
14. Dreams (Live Version)
- Windmill Lane Studios
Dublin, Ireland – 1992 (precise dates unknown)
I Still Do / Dreams / Sunday / Pretty / Waltzing Back / Linger / Wanted / Still Can’t… / I Will Always / How / Put Me Down / Reason
- Surrey Sound Studios
London, England, U.K. – date unknown
- It is unclear at which studio those tracks were recorded:
What You Were / Liar
Dolores O’Riordan – Vocals, Acoustic Guitar
Noel Hogan – Guitar, Backing Vocals
Mike Hogan – Bass Guitar
Fergal Lawler – Drums, Percussion
Music: all songs written by N. Hogan & D. O’Riordan except ‘Waltzing Back’, ‘I Will Always’, ‘How’, ‘What You Were’ composed by D. O’Riordan and ‘How (Radical Mix)’ composed by The Cranberries
Lyrics: D. O’Riordan
Backing vocals and additional sounds on ‘Dreams’ by Mike Mahoney
Produced and engineered by Stephen Street except for ‘Them’ produced by The Cranberries and Pearse Gilmore
Additional engineering by Aiden MacGovern at Windmill Studios except for ‘Not Sorry’, ‘Reason’, ‘Them’, ‘What You Were’, ‘Liar’, ‘Pretty (Remix)’ and ‘How (Radical Mix)’
Mixed at Maison Rouge, Fulham, London except for ‘Not Sorry’ recorded and mixed at Surrey Sound
Photography: Andy Earl & Valerie Phillips
Art Direction and Design: Cally on Art Island with thanks to Charlotte, Rob Crane and Visions
Hand lettering: Charlotte Villiers
All songs published by Island Music Ltd. controlled in the U.S. and canada by Songs of Polygram International, IN. (BMI) except for ‘Them’ published by Xeric Records 1993
BAND’s SPECIAL THANKS
Thanks to everyone who made this possible:
Stuart Every; Rob Kirwan, Derek Fischer; Geoff, Jeanette and Tim at Rough Trade; everyone at Island Records; our very brilliant crew: Sett (Tour manager), Declan B, Gary and Mike. Also thanks to Joe Browne for his support. Thanks to PJ for everything.
- The Cranberries began the recording of their first album in January 1992 with Pearse Gilmore, who previously worked with them on their Xeric label material. However, the band was not happy with the results and the work was scrapped. “Unhappy with the results – Gilmore had cluttered the mixes with dance beats and industrial-style guitar – and barely on speaking term with each other, the band scrapped the tracks and fired Gilmore.” – Rolling Stone Magazine, March 23, 1995, p. 60.
- After hiring a new manager, the band started working again on the album, this time with producer Stephen Street – who previously worked with The Smiths.
- The sofa used on the album cover picture is known as “The Alf Garnett Suite”.
- “The Cranberries” lower caps logo was made of a rubber stamp bought in Amsterdam.
- Along with No Need To Argue, To The Faithful Departed and Bury The Hatchet, this album was re-released in 2002 as part of the Treasure Box set containing bonus tracks and new artwork. Each re-released album is now available individually replacing the now out of print original release.