Release: 26 April 2019
Label: BMG Rights Management
Format: Vinyl, CD, Digital downloads
1. All Over Now (4:16)
2. Lost (4:00)
3. Wake Me When It’s Over (4:11)
4. A Place I Know (4:26)
5. Catch Me If You Can (4:38)
6. Got It (4:02)
7. Illusion (4:07)
8. Crazy Heart (3:25)
9. Summer Song (3:34)
10. The Pressure (3:21)
11. In The End (2:56)
- Click here to see all releases concerning the album “In The End”
- Kore Studio
London, UK – April to May 2019
- Bunker Studio
13 Studio complex, London, UK – May 2019
BAND’S SPECIAL THANKS
- The title of the album was revealed on 14 September 2018, in an interview of the boys given to The Guardian. Initially, the newspaper announced this posthumous album would be called “This Is The End” but they amended their article a couple of hours later, changing the name to “In The End”.
- On 1 January 2019, the home page of The Cranberries official website was updated with a mysterious picture that appeared to be the background setting for the official artwork.
- On 2 January 2019, the name of eleven tracks of the album leaked on the Internet as they were registered on different music publishing databases such as ASCAP (American Society of Composers, Authors and Publishers) and Sacem (French equivalent).
- On 11 January 2019, Noel Hogan received the test pressing of “In The End”
- On 11 January 2019, The Cranberries revealed the artwork of the album through a announcement on their website, explaining that, “as time passed, [they] began to think about how [they] might best honour [their] close friend and bandmate […] and realised that the most meaningful thing to do was to finish the album [they] had started with her“.
- The artwork features Dylan Hogan, Noel’s third child, on the guitar, as well as one of Dolores’ niece’s daughter, Emma, playing the role of the singer. The two other kids have not been identified yet.
- 1st single, “All Over Now” was released a year after Dolores O’Riordan’s passing, on 15 January 2019, premiering on the “Jeremy Vine” show on BBC Radio 2.
- “The Pressure” was pre-released on 1 March 2019, available to download or stream on all platforms. It is not the 2nd single but just a new track the band wanted to share before the album release.
- 2nd single, “Wake Me When It’s Over” was released on 19 March 2019, premiering on the “Jeremy Vine” show on BBC Radio 2 (just like the 1st single!).