What happens when you pull the plug on “Zombie”? You get one of the finest MTV Unplugged performances ever… and we’re not the only ones who think so! Today, February 24th, the Very Best Of MTV Unplugged 2 has been released in the UK. This compilation features The Cranberries hit Unplugged rendition of “Zombie” from February 1995. Though this information comes from the UK’s HMV, Very Best of MTV Unplugged 2 will most likely follow its predecessor (which included “Linger”) and end up as a worldwide release.
TV commercials currently airing in the UK show a brief clip of The Crans’ performance on MTV Unplugged in promotion of the new CD. The classic gig was recorded on Valentine’s Day 1995 at the Brooklyn Academy of Music in New York City.
Very Best of MTV Unplugged 2 is made up of the following memorable Unplugged performances:
1. Sting – Every Breath You Take 2. Chris Isaak – Wicked Game
3. The Cranberries – Zombie
4. R.E.M – Imitation Of Life
5. Eric Clapton – Layla
6. Crowded House – Four Seasons In One Day
7. Tori Amos – Cornflake Girl
8. Rod Stewart – Have I Told You Lately (That I Love You)
9. Bob Dylan – Like A Rolling Stone
10. Björk – Human Behaviour
11. Seal – Crazy
12. Midnight Oil – Beds Are Burning
13. Sheryl Crow – Run Baby Run
14. Bryan Adams – I’m Ready
15. Phil Collins – In The Air Tonight
16. Elton John – Don’t Let The Sun Go Down On Me
Very Best of MTV Unplugged 2 is available for online purchase now fromHMV.co.uk for approximately $22.00. Thanks to IrishPhil for the tip!