“When You’re Gone” by Pillow Queens is the first single from the forthcoming tribute album “Salvation” inspired by The Cranberries for Pieta. The song was released today and is available on all streaming platforms now.
Pillow Queens will be performing the song on “The Late Late Show” tonight from 9:35pm on RTÉ One (Irish TV).
Pillow Queens on Twitter,
The “Salvation” album is set for release 1st October 2021, full track listing as follows:
- Sinead O’Connor – No Need To Argue
- Irish Women in Harmony – Dreams
- Pillow Queens – When You’re Gone
- Moncrieff – Free To Decide
- Wyvern Lingo – Salvation
- Aimée – Linger
- Walking On Cars – Promises
- Kodaline with the RTE Orchestra featuring Noel Hogan – Zombie (Live)
- The Cranberries – Chocolate Brown (Recorded Live for 2FM)
- Kitt Philippa – Twenty One
- Roe – I Can’t Be With You
- True Tides – Ode To My Family
- Kellie Lewis – Ridiculous Thoughts
You may note that “Dreams” by Irish Women In Harmony and “Zombie” by Kodaline+Noel+Orchestra were already known and released a few time ago and could be considered in fact as the real 1st singles of the album!
Two more things to notice, the album includes an unreleased Cranberries recording “Chocolate Brown” live for 2FM, and singer Lyra (who performed “Zombie” on “The Late Late Show” as tribute to Dolores last January) is not featured on the album.
CD and limited edition yellow vinyl are available to pre-order today (more or less €9.99 and €19.99). See your local shops for more details.
A rare and unique “Stars” test pressing signed by the remaining band members plus Dolores’ mother (!?) will be auctioned tomorrow for the White Label Auction in aid of The BRiT Trust.
Auction page here (lot #115)
UPDATE – MAY 5
Sold for £400 (+28% inc. VAT)