The Cranberries’ classic “Linger” is being included in a new CD compilation entitled “Greatest Irish Bands” due for release on February 24th in the US, just in time for the St. Patrick’s season.
The CD, out on Hip-O/UTV Records, has done an impressive job of collecting all of the biggest Irish artists, including U2, Sinéad O’Connor, The Corrs, Thin Lizzy, etc. The CD includes a Bonus DVD with the short film Sightings of Bono. According to the press release, “Bono is also part of Sightings Of Bono, a seven-minute film shot in Dublin in 2000 about a girl who sees the U2 lead singer everywhere until she eventually meets him in the shop where she works. The short was seen in a few theaters and on the Internet but has never been released elsewhere until now.”
1. U2 – Where The Streets Have No Name
2. SINÉAD O’CONNOR – Nothing Compares 2 U
3. THIN LIZZY – Whiskey In The Jar
4. BOOMTOWN RATS – I Don’t Like Mondays
5. CLANNAD (WITH BONO) – In A Lifetime
6. THE POGUES – Fairytale Of New York
7. STIFF LITTLE FINGERS – Alternative Ulster
8. RORY GALLAGHER – Tattooed Lady
9. THE CRANBERRIES – Linger
10. THE CORRS – Breathless
11. HOTHOUSE FLOWERS – Don’t Go
12. THE UNDERTONES – Teenage Kicks
13. VAN MORRISON – Brown Eyed Girl
Nationwide promotion of the CD and DVD are expected; you can download the sales sheet sent to retailers here to read about upcoming promotion for the CD. High-resolution cover art is below.
Thanks to Kama and several others for the tip.
Source: Universal Music