As mentioned in most of the main Irish newspapers last week, a source close to Dolores announced that she should not take part to the RTÉ talent contest next year.
Although she was “credited with breathing a fresh lease of life into the show” and said several times that she enjoyed the experience, it seems the lengthy journey back and forth from Canada was a too hard to endure every week.
Let us remind you that the singer is also expected to release a third solo album this winter and probably tour in 2015.
Producers are now casting to find a new judge to replace Dolores, discussing with UK-based stars such as Una Healy or Pixie Lott, though a new name poped up yesterday in the Sunday World as Kathryn Thomas – host of The Voice of Ireland – told journalists that, according to her, “Sinéad O’Connor would be a great replacement for Dolores“.
As a consequence, The Independent announced this morning that O’Connor “should take over as coach on The Voice of Ireland if Dolores departs as expected“.
Quite a surprising statement as it’s hard to picture “the other Irish singer” doing such a TV show… but who knows!
Let’s still note that Sinéad O’Connor was rumored several times to seat in the red chair in the past years, which never turned out to happen.