Dear fellow fans and collectors of The Cranberries,
We’re calling upon your help today as we have recently come upon what could be considered a priceless eBay listing:
Useless to say, we immediately got interested in this treasure which we believe is worth A LOT given how many rare and never-heard-of-before bootlegs it features.
We thus got in touch with the seller to ask for more details before putting so much money into this, we asked for screenshots to check on the quality of these shows and verify if the content listed on eBay corresponds to what really is on these tapes, but the seller fails to send any and states he can’t manage to play the tapes himself.
So we would like to know if any of you, any collectors, have ever known of the existence of these boots or ever traded with this woman from Massachusetts before, and could therefore confirm that if we were to buy these tapes, we would get the shows the seller states are featured on them?
We don’t want to take any risk spending a huge amount of money on something whose content we can’t verify before buying, so we would also like to ask all of you who trust us, not to bid on this auction to help us win it, in return for which we commit to freely and openly share these boots with the fan community if they turn out to be the valuable gems listed here that all of us would surely like to own.
If you have any information or would like to discuss this with us, please feel free to contact us at:
contact [ at ] cranberriesworld [ dot ] com
UPDATE ON WHY CRANBERRIES WORLD IS SO SUSPICIOUS:
- this ebay seller is new to ebay (never a good sign)
- seller says he has no way of verifying the content of the tapes as the VCR he is giving away in the listing is not working – how can he thus affirm the tapes are in good condition ?
- not only can’t the seller provide any sample or screenshots, but he also won’t send pics of his sister’s notes or the tags on the tapes – these must exist otherwise how would he know what’s on the tapes ?
- the seller states his sister’s UK friends filmed the 2 star ** shows, which makes it very surprising these persons would have attended and filmed some early days gigs in Ireland, when the band was still a support act then and had actually never put anything out. As UK citizens, how would these UK friends know about The Cranberries at all at the time ?
- how could her tapers friends, who are UK citizens, not be aware that Coventry is in England and not in Scotland, especially if they attended these shows themselves to film them ?
- seller states the Feile 91 concert features on these tapes, though it’s very unlikely the band actually ever played Feile festival in 1991 !!!
- this person was obviously a major collector of Cranberries bootlegs, trading with some friends abroad, yet her list does not feature bootlegs that were very common and easy to find in the trading circle back then. Why would she only own super rarities and not be interested in commonly shared shows ?
- if this person was trading with other bootleggers, how come some of the biggest Cranberries collectors who were involved in the 1990s trading circle have never heard of most of these bootlegs before, nor even exchanged with these traders in the past (the sister, or her UK friends) ?
Happy to hear everyone’s thoughts to help us find out if this is all genuine or not.
Please note that whatever happens, we’re still willing to buy these tapes and make sure by ourselves what’s the content on there, to share it with the Cranberries fan community if this happens to be a gold mine.
UPDATE – JUNE 10
The seller just added 8 more pics on eBay. Don’t hesitate to let us know what you think about them (Authentic? or Fake?)
Pink sticker: * on the list
Green sticker: ** on the list
…and from our side, the seller also sent us (one of?) his sister’s notes. Don’t hesitate to let us know how you understand it (the initials, the ratings, the lyrics around etc…)
UPDATE – JUNE 14
As many of you noticed, the seller updated the description 2 more times these last days (on the 11th and the 13th) and also added new pics of cd/cassette/LP that will be included with the VHS… or thrown away if winner does not want them!!
We will publish an important update later today…