A new boxset featuring 4 CDs appeared these last days on Amazon (Italy, France and UK), it’s non available for sale nor pre-order yet and will be released by Universal/Island. The price is £40.75 that is to say, more or less €45 and $53.
No doubt this is the first preview we’ve got of the Everybody Else Is Doing It, So Why Can’t We? 25th Anniversary Edition that is to be released in September.
The tracklist appears as follows:
1. I Still Do2. Dreams3. Sunday4. Pretty5. Waltzing Back6. Not Sorry7. Linger8. Wanted9. Still Can’t…10. I Will Always11. How12. Put Me Down
1. Íosa2. What You Were3. Linger4. How5. Liar6. What You Were7. Reason8. How9. Them10. Pretty11. Uncertain12. Nothing Left At All13. Pathetic Senses14. Them (Xeric)15. Dreams16. Sunday17. Linger18. Chrome Paint19. Fast One20. Shine Down21. Dreams
1. Put Me Down2. Dreams3. Uncertain4. Pretty5. Wanted6. Daffodil Lament7. Linger8. I Can’t Be With You9. How10. Ode To My Family11. Not Sorry12. Waltzing Back13. Dreams14. Ridiculous Thoughts15. Zombie16. (They Long To Be) Close To You
1. Dreams2. Uncertain3. Reason4. Put Me Down5. Waltzing Back6. Linger7. Wanted8. I Will Always9. The Icicle Melts10. Wanted11. Like You Used To12. False
From what we see, we can imagine that:
– Disc 1 is the remastered version of the album
– Disc 2 features demo/studio versions of the songs (1-10?), as well as the Uncertain album (11-14?) & the Water Circle tape (16-19?), and the two never heard before demo versions of Dreams that Noel Hogan recently found on a tape (“very first demo” of Dreams that isn’t mixed as Noel took the cassette home before any mixing was done, and a “pop mix” featuring a different intro and outro)
– Disc 3 could be a live concert (or live tracks) from the 93/94 era that very likely looks like the July 31st 1994 concert at Feile Tipperary Festival from tracks 4-16 though from what we know, the performance was starting with Sunday instead of Put Me Down/Dreams/Uncertain…
– Disc 4 looks like radio sessions tracks starting with the 1991 Dave Fanning Show (1-4), the 1992 John Peel Show (5-8), and the 1993 Dave Fanning Show (9-12)
Thanks to Stephane for the finding and to Edward for his analysis of Disc 3!
UPDATE – AUGUST 28
– Concerning disc 3, some of our readers are saying the first 3 tracks (just before the Féile 94 show) could be from Cork Rocks 1991. Until now, only “Uncertain” and “Dreams” have surfaced taken from the Dave Fanning Show. Definitely a high probability!!
– On Amazon UK the price decreased, it’s now £34.48